Treatment of prostatitis of any shape and type involves an integrated approach. And diet therapy is far from the last place. In this article, you will find out which foods have a beneficial effect on the healing process and which are better to refuse. And also about the basic rules and principles of diet for prostatitis.
When treating acute and chronic prostatitis, doctors recommend additional adherence to a diet. Therefore, patients need to know how to properly prepare food during therapy, as well as the most popular and delicious recipes that are allowed to be cooked.
General principles and goals of the diet
The main principle of prostate diet is proper and healthy nutrition. Product restriction is used for medicinal and prophylactic purposes. During the period of adherence to the diet, the composition of the blood is significantly improved, the functioning of the digestive organs, as well as the genitourinary system, is normalized, which, in turn, leads to a decrease in the load on the prostate and an increase in drug absorption. The patient's concern in the pelvic area disappears, sexual function is improved and the risk of recurrence of prostatitis is minimized.
The main goals of the diet for this disease are:
- normalization of urine volume;
- removal of inflammation;
- relieving pain and swelling;
- removal of excess salt from the body;
- normalization of defecation;
- increased immunity;
- reducing the amount of fats and carbohydrates consumed;
- accelerating recovery.
Experts have identified a list of products that should be completely abandoned during the treatment period:
- yeast dough;
- spicy, salted and smoked meats;
- alcoholic drink;
- fatty meats and fish;
- all kinds of legumes;
- carbonated drinks;
- strong tea and coffee;
- store sauces;
The list of products that make up the diet menu for prostatitis is quite large, so every patient can easily choose the dishes according to their preferences:
- lean meats (rabbit, lamb, beef);
- fat-free poultry (chicken, turkey, quail);
- low-fat fish varieties (preference should be given to sea fish);
- dairy products;
- chicken eggs;
- bread (bran or rye);
- all kinds of pasta;
- vegetables in any form;
- freshly squeezed juices;
- herbal tea.
Goose and duck meat, as well as oatmeal, should be eaten in limited quantities.
Yogurt can only be used for dressing various dishes, and butter can only be used as an additive in porridge or pasta, as well as in bread in a thin layer.
In the acute form of the disease
The diet for acute prostatitis involves the use of chopped food with medium temperature. If the body temperature is high and there is no appetite at all, doctors advise fasting for a few days, subjecting to copious fluid intake.
With the above form of the disease, it is recommended to eat food that is easily absorbed by the body and does not burden the organs of the gastrointestinal tract. The basis of the diet are dishes with boiled or steamed vegetables, supplemented with various fruits and fermented dairy products. In small quantities, the use of lean meat, poultry and fish is allowed.
In the acute form of prostatitis, caffeine, spices, spicy and highly salty foods are strictly forbidden. You should reject products that contribute to the formation of gas, as well as storage and offal of meat.
In chronic form
The diet for chronic prostatitis is not so strict. In limited quantities, you can use mushrooms, spices and dry wine (not more than 1 glass per day). Spicy and salty foods should be excluded from the daily menu.
It is advisable to minimize fatty, smoked and salty foods, limit sauces and legumes. Poor coffee and tea can be consumed in small quantities.
Example of a menu for a week
- Breakfast: light herbal tea, porridge, carrot salad and parsley.
- Lunch: soup with onions, porridge with wheat grains, beef meatballs, jelly.
- Dinner: steamed fish with vegetables, fruit salad.
- Evening snack: kefir.
- Breakfast: 1-2 boiled eggs, milk soup, gravy or compote.
- Lunch: mashed potatoes with fish, vegetable salad, tea.
- Dinner: buckwheat, cheese, gravy.
- Evening snack: a glass of milk.
- Breakfast: oatmeal, seaweed salad, vegetable broth.
- Lunch: stew with vegetables and fish, salad with cucumbers and herbs, some fruits.
- Dinner: baked potatoes, light vegetable soup, herbal tea.
- Bedtime snack: a glass of kefir.
- Breakfast: oatmeal, cheese sandwiches, dried apricots.
- Lunch: pasta with boiled or roasted chicken, vegetable salad, jelly.
- Dinner: corn porridge, herbal tea, carrot kitten.
- Bedtime snack: a glass of freshly squeezed juice.
- Breakfast: pumpkin porridge, a decoction of any fruit or dry juice.
- Lunch: buckwheat with steamed chicken, tea.
- Dinner: rice porridge, boiled potatoes with fish, vegetable salad.
- Bedtime snack: homemade yogurt.
- Breakfast: carrot salad, boiled rice, herbal tea.
- Lunch: meatball soup, steamed fish, vegetable stew, juice.
- Dinner: buckwheat, seafood salad, compote.
- Bedtime snack: kefir or fermented baked milk.
- Breakfast: homemade cottage cheese with added fruit, hard boiled eggs, herbal tea.
- Lunch: potatoes with roasted lean meat, compote with dried fruits.
- Dinner: pumpkin puree, boiled chicken fillet, some fruit.
- Bedtime snack: a glass of freshly squeezed juice.
Experts recommend including vegetables in the first meal, adding different spices during cooking. It is advisable to use an oven, double boiler or multi-pot to create dishes.
Principles of cooking for patients with prostate
The diet for prostate is not strict, the list of forbidden foods is small, so you can cook different dishes that will satisfy every taste, observing only simple cooking principles.
Meat and fish should be roasted, boiled, stewed or steamed. It is advisable to give up fat or use it as little as possible. After cooking the meat, the rest of the juice can be used for various soups. In the case of cooking poultry, you should first remove the skin, as it contains a large amount of fat. The fish may occasionally be charred but eaten without crust.
It is recommended to eat meat shashlik in a minimal amount, removing the fried crust. The herring should be soaked in water before serving. When preparing raw dishes, especially soups, it is necessary to minimize the amount of potatoes, as well as to avoid combining pasta with meat dishes.
When adding vegetables to soups, experts recommend abandoning the fry and using them exclusively raw. This approach will significantly reduce the load on the digestive system.
The second course is different - kittens, meatballs, soufflés and casserole are allowed. You can cook cereals, casserole and meatballs from cereals; they are also used in kittens and meatballs. A vegetable side dish is made from raw vegetables or vegetables that have been steamed and steamed. Frying with a minimal amount of oil is allowed. It is advisable to choose pasta from strong varieties and use them in limited quantities.
Experts recommend the use of funchose, as it is well absorbed by the body.
Prescriptions for patients with prostate
Below are recipes for dishes that nutritionists have developed specifically for compiling a menu for a diet for prostatitis.
Pink salmon roasted in lemon marinade
- pink salmon - 400 g;
- a small lemon;
- a bunch of greens;
- olive oil - 3 tablespoons. ;
- bread crumbs - 1 tbsp.
Remove all bones from fish, can be cut into pieces. Then prepare the marinade. To do this, mix the butter, crackers, add the required amount of salt, grate the fish and sprinkle with herbs. Above we list the lemon rings.
Coat a baking tray with oil or cover with baking paper. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Bake for 15 minutes.
The dish can be decorated with lettuce leaves.
Beef with rice
- 150 g beef fillet;
- 1 cup rice
- 1 medium carrot;
- celery root and parsley;
- olive oil - 2 tbsp. ;
- Daphnia Leaf;
Put a piece of beef in water and bring to a boil, then drain the water and replace with a new one, wait until it boils again. Put the vegetables and bay leaf in a saucepan, cook the meat until softened.
Pour oil into a preheated pan and add the previously washed rice. Fry until the beans turn golden brown. Then add 350 ml of water, reduce the heat as much as possible, close the lid and simmer until softened.
Rice meat can be garnished with herbs before serving.
- potatoes - 4 pieces;
- paprika - 1 tablespoon;
- ground pepper to taste;
- cumin - 1/4 tablespoon;
- oregano - 1 tablespoon. l. ;
- olive oil - 2 tablespoons;
- salt to taste.
Peel the potatoes and cut into equal slices. Put in a bowl and mix with vegetable oil. Mix all the spices well. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, spread the potatoes and sprinkle evenly with the spices. Preheat the oven to 200 ° C and bake for 20-30 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes.
Serve as a standalone dish or together with a vegetable salad.
Cottage cheese pudding
- low-fat cottage cheese - 500 g;
- chicken eggs - 3 pieces;
- flour - 2 tablespoons. l. ;
- sugar - 2 tablespoons. l.
Grind the cottage cheese, add the yolks, sugar and flour, mix thoroughly until smooth. Break the proteins into a firm foam and slowly insert into the rest of the mass. If desired, you can add different fruits, berries or dried fruits. Transfer the next pudding to a separate baking dish, having previously oiled it. Cook in a water bath or in a multi-pot in the "Baking" mode.
Buckwheat with mushrooms
- buckwheat - 0, 5 cups;
- 1 tomato;
- 4 small mushrooms;
- half an onion;
- olive oil;
- salt to taste.
Buckwheat should be cooked until softened and seasoned with salt to taste. Heat a frying pan, add oil and fry the minced onion. Cut the mushrooms into 4 parts and add to the pan, fry until softened, add the diced tomatoes, add the herbs and spices to taste. Keep on low heat for 5-7 minutes, then add the buckwheat and stir. Turn off the gas and leave for 10 minutes.
Baked apples with berries
- 2 medium apples;
- 1 cup black grapes (you can use any);
- sugar to taste.
Cut the apples in half and the core, mix the berries with the sugar. Put a small amount of grains in each half of the apple and arrange in a pan. Preheat oven to 200 ° C, bake for 15 minutes. The cooled cake can be sprinkled with sugar or powder.
- hake fillet - 300 g;
- medium potatoes - 4 pieces;
- butter - 50 g;
- cream 15% - 100 ml;
- chicken eggs - 2 pieces;
- 1 onion;
- olive oil - 2 tablespoons. l. ;
- salt to taste.
Boil the peeled potatoes before they soften, remove from the water and sauté with butter and cream. In the water in which the potatoes are boiled, place the pieces of fish and simmer until softened. Chop the onion and fry in olive oil until golden brown. Beat the whites with a mixer until it becomes a strong foam. Mix the boiled fish, potatoes, onions, yolks and salt until it becomes a homogeneous mass using a blender, gradually add the whites. Place the mixture in a baking dish. Preheat the oven to 200 ° C. Bake the souffle for 30 minutes.
- carrots - 500 g;
- flour 100 g;
- chicken eggs - 2 pieces;
- olive oil - 50 ml;
- salt to taste.
Boil the carrots until soft, peel and chop in a blender. Add flour, eggs, salt, mix until smooth. Make small, uniform kittens and fry until softened. Instead of frying, you can steam or use the oven.
- 2 liters of water;
- starch - 3 tablespoons. l. ;
- sugar - 1 cup;
- cherries or blackberries - 500 g;
- vanilla and cinnamon to taste.
Boil water, add spices and keep on fire for 4-5 minutes. Add the cherries and sugar. In 1 glass of water dissolve the starch and gradually add it to the pot with the rest of the ingredients. Keep on the fire for a few minutes stirring constantly. When thickened, remove from heat and cool.
Getting off the diet
Upon completion of prostate treatment, the diet should be gradually withdrawn. Food should be properly balanced and refrain from a sharp transition to forbidden foods. Experts recommend adhering to the diet in the future and gradually introducing new foods, carefully monitoring the body's reaction. When compiling a diet, it is necessary to minimize the consumption of a large number of fatty foods or semi-finished products.
To prevent recurrence of the disease, it is necessary to abandon the excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages and unhealthy and heavy foods, fast food and give priority to proper nutrition.
Advantages and disadvantages of diet
With strict adherence to dietary food, a positive effect is observed after 3 days. THEstrengthsdiets include:
- a significant reduction in pain;
- prevention of disease exacerbation;
- lack of hunger;
- weight normalization.
THEdisadvantagesshould be attributed to severe dietary dependence in those people who prefer fried, spicy and smoked, as well as the presence of contraindications to such a diet in some patients.
- Male, 39 years old: "A year ago, doctors diagnosed prostatitis. In addition to medication, diet foods were recommended. It was difficult to get used to the new diet because I never limited myself to food. However, after the first few daysI noticed an improvement in the condition and the pain started to disappear, I try not to eat old and heavy foods when I leave the diet, I feel good, the work of the digestive organs and the condition of the body as a whole have improved, there has been no recurrenceof the disease ".
- Husband, 54 years old: "I have never limited myself to food. I noticed that after eating fatty and spicy begins a worsening of prostatitis. I decided to listen to the opinion of experts and use a diet to prevent irritation. At first it was unusual"But the menu is quite varied, which allows me not to feel hungry and find dishes that suit me. After switching to such a diet, my health has improved significantly and irritations occur more and more rarely. "
- The woman, 42 years old: "My husband was diagnosed with prostate, he was given medication therapy and a diet. At first, the husband refused to limit himself to food, constantly breaking down and eating fried and spicy foods. Then he decided to get rid of the disease. . , gathered himself and began to follow a diet. , prescribed by the doctor. Health condition has practically improved in a few days, problems with the digestive organs are gone, excess weight is reduced. The disease is gone and there is no worrying about along time. "
The prostate diet helps not only to significantly speed up the treatment process, but also to heal the body as a whole, as it provides for the rejection of harmful foods. The food is quite varied, which allows you to choose the right dishes and not feel hungry.